The rooms on the iPoker Network do not accept players from the U.S.
Playtech Poker Network
It is not unusual for poker rooms to band into "networks" that share the same game servers. What that means is that players from one room can play against players from another without ever really realizing it. I could be playing at Titan Poker, and you might have Noble Poker open on your computer, but we could both be at the same $2/$4 limit table.
Playtech provides software to one of the poker room networks, the iPoker network. All of the rooms use the same software (with different graphics), so all of the features are the same at each of the rooms.
They band together to provide better tournaments, more tables, and a better experience for their players than each could provide on their own.
Playtech Poker Tournaments
Some of the Playtech Poker Tournaments of note include:
The $100,000,000 Freeroll event that is scheduled to take place in May of 2006.
The Jackpot Sit and Go tournament series. They include the Dirty Dozen, The Rio, The Maui, and the Fort Knox tournament series. Each offers a jackpot prize for players who are able to win a set amount of these tournaments in a row.
Comps and Bonuses
One of the ways a poker room on a network gets a chance to make themselves speical is by their player comps and the bonuses they offer. Different rooms on the network may offer different promotions to entice or reward their players. So in the field of customer service, not all of these rooms are created equal, even though they share the same poker tables.
Rooms on the Playtech (also known as the iPoker Network) include:
- Titan Poker - is another room I've reviewed.
- Noble Poker - is one of the rooms I've reviewed on the site.
- Kiwi Casino Poker - is part of the Kiwi group of gaming sites. They offer poker, and at different sites also offer skill gaming, caisno games and bingo. They are associated with a land-based parent casino.
- Diamond Club - has a poker site, and a casino game site.
- Poker 770 - C'est en francais.
- Fair Poker - only offers poker, but is affiliated with a casino game site, and also a bingo site.
- CD Poker - a website in 9 different languages.
- BetFred Poker - Fred offers poker, casino games, bingo, sportsbetting, arcade games, lotto, and something called "balls".
- Beer Church Poker - "We want to unite poker-loving, beer-loving people all over the world and create a sense of unity and community." Definitely different.
- USA Poker - powered by Playtech.
- PlayGate Poker - another member of the Prestige Gaming Group.
- Centrebet - available in all Nordic languages and English.
- Prestige - also a part of the Prestige group. Three websites tied together offering poker, bingo or casino games.
- Sports Interaction - sportsbook, poker and casino.
This page was last updated on April 25, 2006.